Sunday, July 6, 2008

Personal Freedom

THINKING INSIDE THE BOX <Listen>

You have no business in my private life
You have no business within my four walls
You have only lies from which you espouse
That you’re protecting me from my own big bad self
But as I see it I have only me
I have only my life in its entirety.

There is no place in my home for your spies
It’s none of your business with whom I do lie
It’s none of your business about what I partake
It’s none of your business about that which I speak.

It’s only my business if I want to die
It’s only my business to express what is I
The worst that can happen to all that are free
Is for someone to force us to be otherly
I have only life
Of which I am sure
I don’t care about your afterworld more
I see what I do
And think what I think
As long as my actions do not conflict
With the health and well being of all that’s around
You have no business upon my grounds.

But every lone day that someone is pulled
From within their four walls and brought to the hold
That someone is forced to give up what is free
Because of your petty morality
That keeps us indentured or even as slaves
To the high holy ground that you so do crave
From the thin frail pages of some old dusty book
You lie and you steal like too common a crook
But someone you force to bend and to fold
Will one day rise up and release your sick hold.


http://www.Changing-History.com

2 comments:

smoore said...

these would make good lyrics for a song. ever put any of your poems to music?

How Kuff said...

no, but i would love to. my novel, 'changing history' is written like a screenplay and i think several of the poems (like this one) have musical possibility. i do perform this one at reading/poetry events.

i just added an mp3 of me reading 'thinking inside the box' to my webpage

http://www.changing-history.com/index.php?page_id=304